In our ongoing effort to better serve you and adapt to the changing needs of the workers’ compensation industry, we're proud to announce the official launch of our Audit Services department. Over the past few years, several respected self-insured employers and third-party administrators have approached us, either in the aftermath of a challenging audit or in preparation for an anticipated one, seeking our expertise and guidance in navigating the complex world of audits and regulatory compliance. Led by Senior Partner, Pilar Mitchell, our dedicated team of attorneys and industry experts has not only successfully guided numerous companies through these intricate OSIP and DWC audit processes but has also demonstrated how engaging our team early can significantly amplify the effectiveness of our assistance.
Our offerings are the following:
- Pre-PAR Audit Preparation
- Representation during regulatory and target audits
- Consultation on policies and procedures to improve company-wide compliance
- General Consulting to address regular and daily issues
- Assistance and Representation in Appeals Proceedings
- Consultation in audit complaint process (including MPN Complaints and Audit and Enforcement Unit Complaints)
- Training teams on audit practices, reserves, and prominent legal issues, as presently prioritized by the state
- Assistance with OSIP’s Regulatory Audits and Rebuttals
- Training on Reserve Best Practices for Self-Insured Programs
Meet the Team
Area Managing Senior Partner
Pilar Mitchell is not only a Bar-Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation law but also the visionary behind the firm's Audit Services Department, which has become a cornerstone of the firm's offerings, helping TPAs and self-insured groups with state audits and ensuring compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
Learn more about Pilar's contributions by visiting her full bio.
Of Counsel & Sullivan On Comp Co-Author
Sure Log, a skilled workers' compensation defense specialist, played a pivotal role in ending vocational rehabilitation in California in 2009. He's also a prolific author and co-author of influential papers and publications on workers' comp law, leveraging a diverse legal background that includes serving as a Law Clerk at the Colorado Attorney General's Office and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado.
Learn more about Sure's contributions by visiting his full bio.