Most of your out-of-pocket healthcare expenses can be paid with pre-tax dollars you set aside for the plan year. Expenses such as:
- Office co-pays and deductibles under your medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug co-pays (at the pharmacy or via the mail order drug program)
- Out-of-Pocket Medical expenses
- Out-of-Pocket Dental expenses (including Orthodontia expenses)
- Vision co-pays & differences in the allowable amounts (such as frame allowance)
- Chiropractic & Acupuncture expenses
- Bandages, contact lens solution
It is important to note that over the counter medications may not be paid for using FSA funds unless accompanied by a written prescription from a physician.
Please visit the FSA administrator website for more details about eligible and ineligible expenses and for information on how to obtain reimbursement for qualified expenses.
The table below illustrates expenses that may be eligible for reimbursement under the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account. Be sure to check online for detailed information.
Dependent Care Expense Matrix
|Expense Description||Eligible?||Substantiation||Processing Notes|
|After school care||Yes||Standard|
|Care for child 13 or older||No||N/A|
|Care for disabled or elderly dependent||Yes||Standard|
|Care for person not residing w/participant||No||N/A|
|Childcare placement agency fees||No||N/A|
|Early morning care||Yes||Standard|
|Lessons in lieu of care||No||N/A|
|Nanny||Yes||Standard||Only actual care of dependents is eligible|
|School tuition for kindergarten or above||No||N/A|
|Sick child facility||Yes||Standard|
|Summer day camp||Yes||Standard|
|Transportation expenses to/from care||No||N/A|
|Tuition for pre k/nursery school||Yes||Standard|
When used properly, the Cafeteria Plan will save you money!